I take a lot of slack from people who think I spoil my dogs too much. I don't think they are TOO spoiled, but yes they are a little spoiled. I don't think I go overboard though. Here's some things I do for my dogs:
- I leave the tv on when I leave the house so they don't feel alone (and hey, maybe they want to watch something?)
- They have their own "bathroom" inside the house (back enclosed porch) so they don't have to wait for me if I'm not home or sleeping.
- I have 3 doggie doors installed in my home so they have access to anything they need.
- I had a 6' tall fence installed in my back yard so it is completely fenced in.
- In the summer I leave at least 1 room fully air conditioned if I'm not home so they can stay cool.
- They have pillow beds & blankets available in almost every room of the house.
- For the most part, they get a taste of whatever I'm eating (unless it's bad for them). Yeah ok, that might be spoiling them a little.
- When I go to McD's I bring home chicken nuggets just for them.
- They sleep in my bed. And get about 85% of it too.
- They have little steps next to the bed so they can get into bed and down when they need to (for those midnight potty breaks!)
- They have their own "kiddie pool" in the backyard in the summer so they can stay cool.
I don't think I do too much out of the ordinary, do you? What do YOU do to spoil your dog? I'm sure some of you go beyond what I do ... so come on, spill! I want to hear how you spoil your dogs!