Saturday, May 15, 2010

Turn a sock into a squeaky toy

If your dog is like mine, they go through expensive squeaky toys like CRAZY!  Their favorite toys are "skineez" toys - they are squeaky toys usually in the shape of animals (rabbits, skunks, squirrels, etc) and they have no stuffing in them, which is nice because my dogs make a huge mess out of stuffing.

While I was doing my spring cleaning I came across some matchless socks and some with holes that were in a pile that I was wondering what I could do with them.  Then I had an "aha!" moment.

I had previously ordered some sqeakers on ebay because I was constantly mending their squeaky toys and replacing the squeakers.  But after a while, the toys just belong in the garbage.  So, I grabbed my squeakers.



Then I grabbed one of the matchless socks.



I put 3 of the squeakers in the sock in 3 different locations, and then just stitched a few stitches on the sock to keep the squeakers in their own little sections of the sock, and then I sewed the end of the sock shut.



Sammy heard me squeaking away and was anxiously awaiting the finished product.  It definitely got his approval.


Why pay $6 for a squeaky toy that would last just as long as an old matchless sock I had laying around?  Clearly Sammy is not choosy as long as the toy squeaks.  I better order more squeakers :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, what a clever idea! My Kenni, Harley, and Sophia will be getting some new squeaky toys!!!!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete