Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blog thief!

While going over our site analytics I found this suspicious site:  http://www.h56.net.  When looking into it, I found they have cloned (stolen) all of this blog's content, word for word, and also copied images of MY dogs on their site that are still linked to our server, therefore using our bandwidth. 


Just a few examples:








And for kicks & giggles, I changed the image on their site for this one:


Any suggestions on how to stop this would be much appreciated!  I am hoping though, that they copy this post as well :) 

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh how did you find this? and how did you post about your blog content being stolen on that blog? I cannot believe some people don't have anything better to do than steal someone else's life and ideas! The nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie, I was just looking my website stats reports and noticed a lot of traffic coming from that site. I went to it, and voila! All my blog posts were right there, staring back at me! AND pics of my dogs too, that are still linked to my server! One of the pics they had of Sammy that was still linked to my server - I changed the image to state the content was stolen and then re-uploaded it back to my server, so it would override the previous picture that's on their site :) I emailed them too but who knows if they'll do anything about it. They are in another country according to WhoIs.com so who knows what will happen. Just made me really mad though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is unbelievable! I can't fathom why someone would put all that work and effort into copying someone else's work - what for??? And I LOVE how you handled it by changing that last picture - too funny! And they haven't even noticed - shows how brilliant they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple ferocious wiener dog friends who would gladly "send a message" if you're able to locate these creeps who are stealing your content. In the meantime, I really have no suggestions but wish you all the best in tracking down the culprits and putting them out of the dog blog stealin' business!

    ReplyDelete